August 2019 UPDATE
So much hard work and progress in the last year has seen huge progress and changes in Gili Trawangan and this August we are bursting at the seams, busy and full of tourists again. Our funds have gone back from emergency funding for animal care, horse feeds, medical supplies and rental of the huge bulldozers and trucks to clear away the rubble, back to looking forward into long term sustainability of our island’s environment.
Here is a short list of some of the projects we have been focusing on in the last year, and you can find our regular updates here.
August 2018 UPDATE
Whilst many businesses are returning back to Gili Trawangan after a series of devastating earthquakes that have shaken Lombok and the Gili Islands for the whole of August 2018, our funding page and plea donations are more critical than ever before.
Where in the past we our major source of fundings to keep our island sustainable is through the donations of divers, usually around $5 per visit to the Gili Islands. After the uneasy month of August, Gili Trawangan has been completely closed to tourism whilst we start to clear up the rubble and make Gili Trawangan safe for business again.
Our donations this month have been focused on:
- Horse care and animal feed – for the animals left behind in the aftermath
- Securing tents and shelter for our local staff whose families were hit hard by the earthquakes
- Clearing the initial rubbish created in the earthquakes, and closures of restaurants
- Starting daily rubbish collection once more
- Assessing the state of reef damage and rebuilding and repairing Biorock structures
Even $5 will help us to continue the rebuild of Gili Trawangan, the paradise island for the long term. We rely on continual donations to keep our projects running and the working animals on the island healthy and cared for.
Want To Support Our Cause? Here’s How:
- Mandiri bank transfer:
- Account Name: Yayasan Ekosistem Gili Indah
- Account Number IDR: 161-00-0150189-4
- Account Number US$: 161-00-0600-500-8
- Bank Name: Bank Mandiri, Branch Mataram Cakranegara
- Bank Address: Pejanggik Street No. 20-22, Mataram, NTB, Indonesia
- Swift Code : BMRIIDJA
- PayPal: [email protected]
- Did you know that there’s a super simple way to support Gili Eco Trust when you shop online?
All you have to do is download the HelpfreelyApp™ for your Chrome or Firefox browser and a part of each online purchase you make at any participating shop will automatically go to Gili Eco Trust. It’s 100% free and you can choose from the thousands of shops that have teamed up with the app to help support our cause at no extra cost to you. The HelpfreelyApp™ is simple to download and easy to use. Best of all, it will help us continue our work in offering our services to the community.Follow our personal link to set up you’re your free support system for the Gili Eco Trust:
Gili Eco Trust relies on donations, grants and money we earn through our conservation and education projects. If you would like to help us, please make a donation.
General donations go to our Biorock reef restoration, glass brick factory, moorings and buoys, free horse and cat clinics and animal medication, waste management and recycling systems, rubbish collection, weekly beach clean-ups, marine conservation, recycling programs and the general operations of Gili Eco Trust.
With your generous donation, we can continue to save this beautiful island and its’ environment!